Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year, New House, New Goals

 
We had a wonderful Christmas holiday visiting with our friends and family in Ohio.  We're back and I'm a little slow going at blogging because, let's be honest, our house hasn't started yet.  I get really excited with ideas and then remember that I have to put them all on hold for another 90+ days.  However, I stumbled upon Nester's Home Goals Party and decided I'd finally join my first party.  Here are my home goals for 2011. 


1. Unpack all those awful boxes  (I’m pretty sure we will have more than this).  My goal is to have all boxes unpacked within 30 days of moving in. 
boxes 


2. Decorate Downstairs living space.  We’re looking for a rug, new furniture, curtains, and cute things to decorate our bookshelves.  Trying to do all of this pottery barn style on a commissary budget Winking smile.
living room
 Picture of model home


3. Find the perfect quilt for our bedroom.  I love this one from pottery barn, and I even have a pottery barn gift card.  My problem is I’m against paying $20+ for shipping and they don’t sell it in stores anymore. 
quilt
(Pottery Barn Hanna Quilt)


4. We’re going to have to do major landscaping.
Turning this:
DSC_0328
Into this:
image
Image from www.jonkardesign.com
We’ve never owned our own dirt. We’re pretty excited to do our own yard landscaping and maintenance.  My years of Southern Living subscriptions might finally come to use.


5. Buy my hubby his precious grill.  He’s been waiting for his Primo smoker grill since October when he got his promotion.  It was one thing he wanted bad that I thought he deserved.  He’s been waiting patiently for months.  Luckily his dad has one so he still gets to experience it when we visit Ohio.
image


6.   Paint every room possible.  Apartment living for 4.5 years we’ve never been able to do this.  R needs to watch out as I’ve drooled over every color in the Martha Stewart collection.
image



I think that’s a pretty good start to my 2010 home goals.  Of course, I want it all done by July 2nd when we throw ourselves a housewarming party with all of our friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals! They'll all make a big difference around your new place. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete