Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Look Out Budget Here I Come

Thanks to my husband I have a new obsession.

Mint.com. It’s addicting.

I can track every purchase and know what my husband ate for lunch before he even tells me. 

To be honest, we’ve never had a budget.  We’re both fairly frugal and we both appreciate saving money, as well as spending it when we would like.  With that being said, we have our first real mortgage coming up in a few months.  I’m not concerned about the payment (thank you USMC for the housing allowance) but I would like to decorate the home as nicely as possible. This is where mint.com comes in. 

I can now track everything with the click of a finger and find ways to save more money so that I can then spend it on the house. For instance, I can click on Chick-fil-a on my budget and see exactly how much money we have spent there in the past few months (very scary).  I hope that mint.com helps us save money in 2011, but we’ll still make room in the budget to enjoy life too.


mint-com-budget
Mint.com budget.  It automatically generates or you can create your own.


imagesCAJU0ZR3
The transaction summary shows you a nice chart of where your money goes.


imagesCAXRO8A2
It even allows you to track all of your investments.  Hopefully ours show lots of green in 2011!


Happy Savings!
C.E.S.

*Note these are simply images found from google not our budget*

No comments:

Post a Comment